[squeak-dev] Re: MIDI, audio interfaces, etc.

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Jun 13 21:57:19 UTC 2013

On 13-06-2013, at 1:06 PM, Stéphane Rollandin <lecteur at zogotounga.net> wrote:

>> 1) What's the best way to get MIDI in and out of Squeak on a Mac (or if
>> there's a platform independent approach, that's going to be ideal for me.)
>
> Class SimpleMIDIPort does the job; it's platform independent.

Works ok on Macs, appear not to work so well on unices. At least, the standard MIDI instrument parts don't. And the code seems to have some internal inconsistencies. If anyone is familiar with making ALSA MIDI work, I'd be very happy to hear about it.

tim
"How many Kzin does it take to change a lightbulb?" "None. You can scream and leap in the dark."