[squeak-dev] Visualising package dependencies

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Jun 16 00:46:03 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 05:40:36PM +0100, H. Hirzel wrote:
> Dave,
>
> do you have a screen shot?

I am attaching a screen shot of the connectors demo, but a picture does
not do it justice. Try loading it from SqueakMap and then evaluate
"GraphVis connectorsDemo" to see how it works. The graph is rendered as
morphs with connectors. The morphs are completely interactive, so you
can move them around, attach data to them, and so forth. Everything is
live objects, so you can use the external graphviz program to lay out
the graph, and Squeak to do everything else.

I would have to dig out some old images to find examples, but you can
use this to do some very interactive visualizations. It can be quite
interesting to have a graph with output that can be inspected and
explored, not just printed :)

Dave