Diverging version numbers (Re: [squeak-dev] Seaside in Squeak4.4-12770)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Jun 16 17:42:46 UTC 2013

It is not too late, it is too *early*.

You bump the VersionNumber package at the same moment you remove a package from the configuration.

I'm not exactly sure how the stripped image is updated. I thought you simply have updateMissingPackages set to false and you skip the unloaded packages by using MCMcmUpdater's skipPackages? In that case, shouldn't the sum of the config map versions still be the same?

The number should only differ if you actually remove packages from the config.

- Bert -