[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-fbs.659.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 08:30:18 UTC 2013

On 15 June 2013 15:25,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
> Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of Morphic to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Morphic-fbs.659.mcz

> Name: Morphic-fbs.659
> Author: fbs
> Time: 15 June 2013, 3:25:34.535 pm
> UUID: eebc0854-52d0-4ebc-8b78-85597450927e
> Ancestors: Morphic-eem.658, Morphic-kb.657
>
> Balázs Kósi's un-futuring of PluggableListMorph's preselection:
>
> Do not defer the model selection action in PluggableListMorph, instead step the World on cycle so the pre selection highlight can take effect, but avoid the timing issue, which broke MorphicToolBuilderTest >> #testSetListIndex.
>
> =============== Diff against Morphic-eem.658 ===============

This work's definitely better now that the future's gone. (Where
"better" means "all the tests pass". I'm happy to see futures being
used (especially since Promises are now composable) as long as someone
rewrites those tests that break.)

Open up something with a long list, like a Browser. Select the top
system category, and then hold the down arrow for a while. You'll see
the preselection blue move down the list, as expected. And then when
you lift your finger off the down arrow, you'll see this weird
going-back-up behaviour, and you'll end up actually selecting an item
far above where you thought you were. Presumably that's because of the
high number of keyboard events and the World doOneCycle or something.

frank