Multitouch (was Re: [squeak-dev] Multiple Hands)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Jun 26 18:04:32 UTC 2013

On 26.06.2013, at 10:45, Tony Garnock-Jones <tonyg at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> On 06/26/2013 01:33 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> My multi-touch implementation for the iPad maps each finger to a separate hand.
>
> Perfect. Could your implementation be adapted to e.g. CogDroid, do you think? (I have a new Android tablet specifically for such experimentation.)

Certainly, you just need to somehow get the events from the VM into the image. If CogDroid could use the same event format then the image code should just work. The current format is based on Apple's, so I'm not sure how simple the mapping would be. If it's not easy, then now might be a good time to create a generic format. All platforms (except Mac OS?) now have support for multi-touch so making it general would be nice.

- Bert -