[squeak-dev] Someone update Installer in 4.3 and 4.4 please?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 13:18:30 UTC 2013

I'm away from my computer for the next few hours or I'd do this
myself: with the Gemstone -> GemTalk Systems rename, we need to change
the URL in Installer class >> #squeakSource3 (or whatever #ss3 uses)
to point to the new URL.

This will allow correctly written Installer scripts (i.e., ones that
use #ss3 and not #url:) to carry on working.

Dale Henrichs has found that Squeak MC HTTP repositories don't like
3xx responses, and so a number of his builds fail in Squeak. Pharo
uses ZnHTTP, which handles HTTP redirection correctly.

Thanks!

frank