[squeak-dev] Re: EventSensor>processEvent: has bogus code

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Mar 2 00:25:53 UTC 2013

On 01-03-2013, at 3:54 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> For a while now - about a decade I'd think - the VMs have *not* reported the use of the set interrupt key (which is *still* set to cmd-.  Mac style and not to a platform suited value except on RISC OS) as a keyboard event.

It gets funnier; on my iMac running the Squeak4.2.4 vm the cmd-. *does* actually get reported as a keypress event despite the code in the VM that (along with all the others) explicitly disavows it. If I comment out the code that ought to be unsued I can't interrupt the ssytem, so clearly something is not happening as the code seems to require.

Using the very same image on RISC OS it works as apparently specified.

tim
The computing field is always in need of new cliches.