About HyperCard ( was Re: [squeak-dev] Getting rid of coloured code)

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 18:19:28 UTC 2013

Thank you, Yoshiki, for the clarification.

I understand that you are doing research prototypes at VPRI and not
supported products and you do many of them.

But I have the impression that the VPRI and you are a bit too modest
in terms of advertising the results.

On 2/28/13, Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org> wrote:
> It is not that we at Viewpoints are trying to be secretive, but we do
> have a newer system (or systems).

Do you think that the existing code (the HyperCard stack
implementation) in http://tinlizzie.org/lesserphic2/
is under MIT license, thus compatible with Squeak 4.0 + ?

I'd like to look into porting it to a newer release of Squeak and/or Cuis?

It looks like the "Moshi image" is an internal fork you use at VPRI?
Do you see any possible problem areas when porting it to a newer
version / different fork?

> Hopefully we can put some code out
> when our report is done.

Great. And a few appendices with README.md and release information type of info.

> (Sorry for keeping people guessing.)

That is fine. You wrote the mail and so stopped us from doing guess work  ;-)

> --
> -- Yoshiki

--Hannes