[squeak-dev] How to use pool dictionaries in a workspace?

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Tue Mar 5 18:56:20 UTC 2013

Hi,

When I want to use values defined in a pool dictionary in VA Smalltalk, I
put the following lines at the top of the workspace (I often save
workspaces for repeat use):

"
EtWindow defaultEvaluationPools: (EtWindow defaultEvaluationPools asSet
addAll: #(#PoolDictionaryName)) asArray.
EtWindow defaultEvaluationPools: nil.
"

If I execute the first line (not counting the comment " line and not
wrapped) The named pool dictionary is available to the workspace.  I can
test code as if the pool dictionary were specified for the class and I was
writing a method.  This way when I'm happy with the code, I can just copy
it to a method and use it as is.  The second line puts things back the way
it was.

I would love to be able to do this with Squeak.  Does anyone have any idea
how to do this with Squeak?  Or point me in the right direction?

Lou