[squeak-dev] How to use pool dictionaries in a workspace?

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Tue Mar 5 19:51:35 UTC 2013

Hi Bob,

>Have you tried
>Workspace addLookupPool: MyPool?

Thanks, that works great although the #removeLookupPool: doesn't seem to
turn it off but I'm not sure I care.

>Although I wonder why one would go to the trouble. Why not just put the
>code in a method that can reference the pool normally?

One could say that about anything you might want to play with in a
workspace.  As I said, I often work up code in a workspace and then copy it
to a method when I'm happy with it.  If I can't use pool references in the
workspace, I then have to change things when I want to make a real method.

Thanks again for the help.

Lou