[squeak-dev] Re: Re: [ANN] Minecraft Bindings - Minecraft.zip (0/1)

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Tue Mar 5 23:49:04 UTC 2013

>Actually, having both the constants and the getters seems kind-of redundant, no? I'd just use the constants and see how far we get. That dictionary could be used e.g. for printing block names ...

I guess it is redundant.  I was just trying to supply whatever people might
want to use.

>Also, why did you split up the initialization?

When I tried to set all at once the compiler complained on saving the
method.

>Filling in the pool from a literal array would seem much more natural to me ...

I just followed what ChronologyConstants did.  VA Smalltalk and Squeak are
very different in how they make pool dictionaries.  Can you give me an
example.

>And why are these so many? Are you sure that's for the Pocket edition (which the Pi edition is based on)? I see a lot fewer I think:
>http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Data_values_(Pocket_Edition)

I'm not sure where Alex found it.  I expect it is not for the Pocket
edition.  We have a RasPi but are playing with the Minecraft Bukkit server
that Casey pointed us to and a windows version of Squeak.  We will probably
play with it on the Pi later.  Would there be some value in splitting it
into two pools so the Pi edition could have a smaller pool?

Lou