[Box-Admins] Re: [squeak-dev] Updating the website (was :Squeak 4.4 download link on squeak.org home page?)

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Sat Mar 9 01:14:24 UTC 2013

I don't know what's in the admin backend but the only non-static things I
see on the current homepage are stats and search, both of which could be
handed off to Google. I imagine duplicating the current site would require
zero or close to zero PHP programming, you'd "just" import the articles
into a cms.

If the web team thinks it's fun to build the technology as well as the
content then fine. I'd rather not reinvent the wheel for the Xth time and
spend that time elsewhere, but then again I'm not the web team. Carry on.

rado