[squeak-dev] lowSpaceWatcher problems

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 20:34:10 UTC 2013

It can be used by external apps but at this time one would be
ill-advised to depend on it.  As my prior note shows, the cog VM does
not signal the LowSpaceSemaphore until it is so maxed out on memory
that the initial GC prior to calling #freeSomeSpace crashes the VM.
There is no chance for any registered memory-hog to act on the
low-memory condition.

In my initial note I tried to ask whether the #lowSpaceThreshold could
simply be increased to fix that but did not get a clear answer.