[squeak-dev] BitBltPlugin>primitivePixelValueAt support

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Mar 24 16:22:29 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 10:48:49PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
> Eliot had the simple but brilliant idea to move the bitblt plugin to be a subclass of SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin and just copy my primitivePixelValueAt code into it. It works, at least so far as I can tell from running it and the BitBLt tests in TestRunner.

Is that really a good idea? It seems misleading in the sense that it would
imply that the rather large B3DEnginePlugin hierarchy is making use of
SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin, which seems like an unnecessary source of
confusion for readers.

I have to admit that I don't really trust SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin very
much so maybe it's an unfounded concern.

Dave