[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Graphics-tpr.205.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Mar 25 13:42:55 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-24, at 05:33, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> tim Rowledge uploaded a new version of Graphics to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Graphics-tpr.205.mcz

> Name: Graphics-tpr.205
> Author: tpr
> Time: 23 March 2013, 10:32:54.898 pm
> UUID: a16cf25b-36b7-4a5e-b3e9-3786b5f7c92d
> Ancestors: Graphics-tpr.204
>
> A somewhat involved pile of changes that I'm not 10% sure my use of MC has correctly caught; revert this if you find bugs!
> For example, MC claims that AbstractFont is very different but visual inspection says not.

Guess you need look more closely, and learn to trust MC that it is, in fact, going to do what it claims to ;)

> Item was removed:
> - ----- Method: AbstractFont>>displayStrikeoutOn:from:to: (in category 'displaying') -----
> - displayStrikeoutOn: aDisplayContext from: baselineStartPoint to: baselineEndPoint
> - 	"display the strikeout if appropriate for the receiver"!

It's not okay to push stuff to trunk if you notice that it has more changes than you intend it to have.

In this case, essential text display routines get deleted from other users' systems when updating. Not cool.

I guess what happened is that the Freetype package still takes over these methods, without declaring them as overrides. This removes them from the Graphics package.

I moved your version to the inbox for now to spare others of their images freezing on update.

- Bert -