[Cuis] [squeak-dev] The Inbox: Installer-Core-fbs.366.mcz

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 09:34:40 UTC 2013

Yes, a document that summarizes the changes between Cuis and Squeak,
is something we need soon. Cuis has advanced very nicely recently and
at least for certain fields of application  it can be considered the
leading Squeak variant when comparing Squeak, Pharo and Cuis.

Regarding compatibility between Squeak and Cuis. What I have seen so
far is that there are not all that many issues regarding non-GUI
classes. CR/LF is an issue. I have started doing a Cuis-compatibility
layer for Squeak. So far it is quite thin. I.e. I manage to develop in
Squeak and file in the mcz file into Cuis 4.1. As long as I do not use
GUI classes it is fine.

More on this later.

--Hannes