[squeak-dev] [Cuis] The Inbox: Installer-Core-fbs.366.mcz

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Tue Mar 26 13:46:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

Sorry for being a little off topic.

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 14:22:07 +0100, Nicolas Cellier

>For line-ending, Cuis could provide a simplified version of nextLine
>linesDo: etc... based only on CR
>For the displaying of LF, CR, or any other non printable ASCII that
>should be generalized and an option available in Squeak too.

IMHO a single character line-end of LF (line feed) makes more sense than a
CR (carriage return).  They both date back to when type writers, TTYs and
printers actually had carriages.  A carriage return, returned the carriage,
allowing to over type/print the line, like for underlining.  A line feed
made a new line.  If we are to drop one of these two (stop using CR, LF -
and I think we should when/where we can) then we should keep LF and drop
CR.

Lou