[squeak-dev] CI status

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 12:42:24 UTC 2013

I've currently *ahem* negatively affected the efficacy of the
SqueakTrunk and ReleaseSqueakTrunk builds. I'm hoping some kind soul
will quickly reply to my earlier mail about cleanup, telling me what
very important step I've foolishly left out: that ought to fix the
problem. (And I'll turn it into a SmalltalkImage method that we can
repeatedly use.)

Otherwise, on a more positive note, I've
* reimplemented the entire build process in Ruby (a far more sane
language than shell),
* made SqueakTrunk builds off a 4.5 image, drastically reducing the build time,
* broken SqueakTrunkPerformance out as a separate job, with the aim of
making debugging the current problem easier,
* will make ReleaseSqueakTrunk use Ruby (once we're done with the
current issue), and will maintain the illusion that nothing has
changed, while SqueakTrunk's artifact continues to shrink.

Lastly, ExternalPackages builds a base image off a fully updated 4.5
image and runs, each in a clean image, the test suites (where present)
of AndreasSystemProfiler, Control, FFI, Fuel, Nebraska, Nutcracker,
OSProcess, Quaternion, Phexample, RoelTyper, SqueakCheck, Universes,
WebClient, XML-Parser, Xtreams and Zippers. And other jobs do the same
with 4.3 and 4.4.

(I realise some of the packages will be unfamiliar: some are from
Pharo, and some are libraries I've released and written about
elsewhere, but talking about them here would be off-topic.)

frank