About HyperCard ( was Re: [squeak-dev] Getting rid of coloured code)

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Wed May 1 19:06:03 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM, H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you, Yoshiki,  for the interesting research report 'Making
> applications in KSWorld' and the equally interesting report of October
> 2012 'A Report on KScript and KSWorld'
> http://www.vpri.org/html/writings.php
>
> Chapter 6 of the the October report talks about  the hosting
> environment which happens to be Squeak
>
> <citation>
> Hosting Environment: Squeak
> As of this writing, the KSWorld is hosted on top of Squeak Smalltalk [10]. A
> special Morphic widget called KSMorph is created under RectangleMorph.
> </citation>
>
> I assume 'KS' in 'KSWorld' just means 'KScript'?  And the 'K' should
> be associated with 'CoffeeScript'?

Well, not all these characters have meanings.  It could mean anything.

> The scripting language for this Hypercard like environment (but with
> uniform objects down to the character level) is a variant of
> CoffeeScript?

KScript, yes.  The syntax of it has been changed since October.  So
looking at the new one would be good.  In the new document, Section
7.1 discusses the "Document Model" and Section 8.9 says it took about
200 lines to implement.

--
-- Yoshiki