[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-cmm.757.mcz

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Sat May 4 17:18:13 UTC 2013

Your average syllables-per-word jumped in this mail Colin!  ;)  I had
to look up "cromulent".  Dictionary.com defines it as, "fine,
acceptable".  Why not just say "fine" then?  Ah, urban Dictionary's
definition says:  "Used in an ironical sense to mean legitimate, and
therefore, in reality, spurious and not at all legitimate. Assumes
common knowledge of the inherent Simpsons reference."

Since we already have DateAndTime "now", I think "fromNow" is the most
explicit, literal, and unambiguous term possible.  It was in the
thesaurus and is used in modern language today, making it perfectly
valid.

One more thing to consider would be to honor the original author's
("wiz" -- who is that?) and file-in his actual methods so they'll have
his 2009 timestamp on them.  That's just the archivist inside me
talking.

However, as my vocabulary is most definitely deficient, I will defer
to the academic linguists here.  Feel free to change it to #hence if
you prefer that.