[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-cmm.757.mcz

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Sat May 4 20:54:57 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Chris Muller <ma.chris.m at gmail.com> wrote:

> Your average syllables-per-word jumped in this mail Colin!  ;)  I had
> to look up "cromulent".  Dictionary.com defines it as, "fine,
> acceptable".  Why not just say "fine" then?  Ah, urban Dictionary's
> definition says:  "Used in an ironical sense to mean legitimate, and
> therefore, in reality, spurious and not at all legitimate. Assumes
> common knowledge of the inherent Simpsons reference."

Nah, the irony was sooo 90's and in the 21st century it just means
legitimate. Of course, there's irony in *that* too.

Ok, discussions of vocabulary are always diverting, and some puns are
irresistible, but I'm quite serious. "Hence" is totally the correct word
here.

I'm also saddened that so many people are against it. I guess the lowest
common denominator always wins in the end.

Colin