[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tests-fbs.205.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue May 7 14:00:45 UTC 2013

On 7 May 2013 14:35, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:
> On Mon, 6 May 2013, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
>
>> Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of Tests to project The Trunk:
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tests-fbs.205.mcz

>> Name: Tests-fbs.205
>> Author: fbs
>> Time: 4 May 2013, 9:29:08.634 pm
>> UUID: add31da5-c70b-4e15-a7a6-f3c95d0d651b
>> Ancestors: Tests-fbs.204
>>
>> Add a #cleanUp so that ReleaseBuilder doesn't have to re-initialise
>> MCMockPackageInfo.
>

> I know I'm a bit late with this, but this is not exactly what the previous
> behavior was. Implementing
>
> cleanUp: aggressive
>
>         aggressive ifTrue: [ self initialize ]
>
> is more like what it was before. I'm not sure if it's a problem to call
> #initialize during #cleanUp (or if it's necessary at all), but the behavior
> changed. The same is true for the GetText package.

"Before" was quite a while before, because ReleaseBuilder (formerly
known as ReleaseBuilderFor4dot5) has run "MCMockPackageInfo
initialize" since ReleaseBuilder-fbs.90, in December 2012.

To be clear, you're saying that GetText's and Tests' cleanUp should be
removed and cleanUp: aggressive implemented instead? I'm happy to do
that, as long as we're clear that in a release process an aggressive
cleanup's what we want.

frank