[squeak-dev] History of MVC in Squeak

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed May 8 21:52:05 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 10:16:39PM +0100, Frank Shearar wrote:
> Converting the Monticello browsers to use ToolBuilder would make them
> available for use within an MVC UI... Just saying!

Yes indeed. And we also need to finish getting the existing tools
working with MVCToolBuilder. There is a bit more work to be done here,
but it is well worth the effort IMHO.

There is also a problem with process scheduling in the debugger on
MVC that is probably somehow related to the ToolBuilder implementation,
though I have not been able to figure out exactly what is going wrong.

It's fun figuring this stuff out, so if anyone is interested in
ToolBuilder we could use some help on the MVC side. This is important for
ToolBuilder itself (not just MVC per se), because making it work in
both Morphic and MVC validates the basic design goal of a tool builder
that separates the tools from the specifics of the UI environment.

Dave