[squeak-dev] Package splitting

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sat May 11 22:54:01 UTC 2013

Sound has two distinct portions: a set of UI elements (Morphs, in
particular) and non-UI stuff (synthesis, scores). I'd like to split
the package into two distinct parts, because it makes the image's
dependency management easier. What's the best way to do that?

I could, for instance, make a SoundMorphic package, which looks ugly
because its name ought to be Sound-Morphic.

But if I do the latter, browsing the Sound package gets a bit
confusing, implying that I should then also make Sound-Scores and
Sound-Synthesis packages, removing Sound in the process.

What to do?

frank