[squeak-dev] SystemNavigation >> #browseMethodsWhoseNamesContain:

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon May 13 11:57:35 UTC 2013

On 13 May 2013 12:48, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:12:32PM +0100, Frank Shearar wrote:
>> This guy's basic structure is
>>
>> Smalltalk isMorphic
>>     ifFalse: ["do something"]
>>     ifTrue: [ToolSet browseMessageNames: aString]
>>
>> It seems to me that this should simply be
>>
>>     ToolSet browseMessageNames: aString
>>
>> where a non-Morphic ToolSet does the "do something" block.
>>
>> Right?
>
> Probably yes. I can't look at it right now, but in general things like this
> are being vectored through either Project or ToolBuilder, and maybe ToolSet
> references should work the same way. When you change it, use an MVC project
> to verify that it works as expected in the non-Morphic case(s).

Which would be the second time I've run into the desire for this:

ToolSet use: mySpecialToolSet during: [
  "MySpecialToolSet test"
]

I _could_ use #setUp/#tearDown, but that's not quite the same thing:
errors in the test should reference MySpecialToolSet but errors in the
#setUp/#tearDown should reference the "system" ToolSet (in other words
the current StandardToolSet).

frank