[squeak-dev] Squeak's presence on GitHub

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sun May 19 19:41:38 UTC 2013

On 19 May 2013 20:17, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/19/13 2:11 PM, "Frank Shearar" <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> While Squeak may be a Smalltalk now, I don't particularly think we
>> ought to suggest that it will _always_ be a Smalltalk.
>
> You believe this???

Well, OK. It depends on what exactly you mean by "Smalltalk". If you
mean Smalltalk-80, then definitely not. If you mean ANSI Smalltalk,
then probably not. I don't see much value in sticking to "standards"
15 years and older.

But let's stick to the name. I can see a pretty strong argument for
"squeak-smalltalk" simply because that's what we've always been
called.

frank