[squeak-dev] Cmd-0

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri May 24 16:29:36 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-24, at 17:43, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can see the root of our disagreement lies in our regard whether color is an equal-footing embellishment as the text-specific embellishments (italics/underline/strikeout/bold) on the hot-keys.  At least I understand your POV now, I'm glad it's slightly less ridiculous than I thought.  :)

Progress ;)

>> Seriously, I don't even understand how you could think this is controversial. Removing all text attributes *obviously* should remove text colors.
>

> Since the toggling works afterall, it's not controversial, but a downgrade because I see Cmd-0 now as inconsistent treatment of the text compared to the other emphases operations.
>
> Also, Chris, please read the command-key help, which explicitly states that Cmd-0 is intended to reset all Cmd-6 properties. I merely fixed a bug. It is unfortunate that you learned to rely on the buggy behavior. But I'm sure you're a great learner :)
>
> I had already read it and determined that's where the "fix" should have been applied rather than in the behavior.  Our decisions as a community are based on current, logical discussions like this one to determine which is wrong, not old documentation.
>
>  - Chris

I think we have made our respective positions clear. Let's poll others:

A) Argh: I don't care [note: that's a fine opinion, but please do not reply]
B) Bert: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes
C) Chris: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes except coloring

Since A is the default we only need to tally B's and C's :)

- Bert -