[squeak-dev] Cmd-0

Tom Rushworth tom.b.rushworth at gmail.com
Fri May 24 16:49:18 UTC 2013

Hi All,

On 13-05-24 09:29 , Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 2013-05-24, at 17:43, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> I think we have made our respective positions clear. Let's poll others:
>
> A) Argh: I don't care [note: that's a fine opinion, but please do not reply]
> B) Bert: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes
> C) Chris: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes except coloring
>
> Since A is the default we only need to tally B's and C's :)

I've always felt that '0' was a fine mnemonic for 'zero attributes',
regardless of whether colour is special.  Count me as a B.

And just for a nit - lines can have all kinds of attributes besides
colour - thickness (i.e. bold), solid/dotted (i.e. italic), wavy (i.e.
font face), tapered (i.e. slant), etc.  I really don't think colour
should be considered a special attribute just because it can apply to
things besides text.

> - Bert -
Regards,

--