[squeak-dev] TraitOrganizer seems oddly empty

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed May 29 19:05:00 UTC 2013

I'm playing around with traits, making a field (the abstract algebra
kind) by glomming together two groups. A TGroup defines #*, #identity
and #inverse. Obviously one has to resolve name clashes, and a
TraitAlias is just the thing:

Trait named: #TField
    uses: TGroup @ {#identity->#zero. #* -> #+. #inverse->#negated} +
        TGroup @ {#identity->#one. #inverse->#reciprocal}
category: 'Group-Theory'.

Great. Except that I'd expected to see stubs for the aliased methods, like

negated
    self requirement.

(I'd also expect, if one altered the alias, to see the stub vanish and
be replaced by a stub on the new name.)

Because of the lack of stubs, TField organization allMethodSelectors
is much emptier than I'd like.

Am I being unreasonable?

frank