[squeak-dev] minutes, servers, restarts, and websites

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Fri May 31 08:55:13 UTC 2013

On 5/30/13, Chris Cunnington <websela at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>Anyway, after not hearing from you in a while, it's good to know
>>you're still around.
>
> Nice of you to say. As usual, I've probably come a bit strong. Sorry
> about that.

Chris,

I liked your prototype of a new Squeak.org website done with  the
Altitude framework by Colin Putney.

The board minutes of November last year have
http://forum.world.st/Squeak-Board-minutes-11-19-12-td4655968.html

<citation>
- Chris C. has developed a prototype of a new squeak.org homepage. It's
latest version can be found at [7]. It is an Altitude website. There are
questions about the site on two fronts: how it looks; and, how stable it
is. There has been doubt about how the site should look. Opinions about
its design, logo, layout, CSS, etc. are welcome. Herbert Konig is
helping to harden it with the Selenium testing suite. [8] [9] The most
recent image has been up for +200 hours without a problem. Colin has
added changes to Altitude, which will be deployed soon.

[7] http://box3.squeak.org:8624

[8] http://seleniumhq.org/

[9] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/selenium-ide/

</citation>

If you can move that prototype to one of the new servers sponsored by
the Free Software Foundation,  than that is very fine for me as far as
I am concerned.

If somebody however wants to install the current web site (done with
the Aida framework www.aidaweb.si) on the new server then that is fine
for me as well.

In either case this will allow us to make use of the new hardware.

Thank you, Chris,  for rising this topic again and for your continued
willingness to invest time into the web presence www.squeak.org

Regards
Hannes