[squeak-dev] The Trunk: ToolBuilder-Kernel-fbs.58.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Fri Nov 1 00:43:50 UTC 2013

On Thu, 31 Oct 2013, Frank Shearar wrote:

> On 31 October 2013 22:19,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
>> Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of ToolBuilder-Kernel to project The Trunk:
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/ToolBuilder-Kernel-fbs.58.mcz

>> Name: ToolBuilder-Kernel-fbs.58
>> Author: fbs
>> Time: 31 October 2013, 10:18:57.495 pm
>> UUID: f4158a78-a770-0548-a26b-a9cfd0ea9beb
>> Ancestors: ToolBuilder-Kernel-dtl.57
>>
>> Step 1 of moving control over display depth to the UIManagers.
>>
>> =============== Diff against ToolBuilder-Kernel-dtl.57 ===============
>
> So I think the next step is to make the DisplayScreen methods forward
> entirely to UIManagers. But getting this wrong means bad things. So I
> thought I'd check first that this will work out:
> * make the change
> * commit Graphics
> * change the update configuration map to load the UIManagers before Graphics.

I consider changing the order of the packages in the configuration map a
bad practice. The same thing can be achieved by simply creating a new mcm,
which keeps the same package order, but specifies the version of the
package which should be loaded first.

How to get such map easily? Before you commit Graphics, browse the map,
update from the image, and save. Then commit Graphics.

> * copy Graphics to trunk
>
> Think it'll work?

Hopefully. :)

Levente