[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Tue Nov 5 23:55:03 UTC 2013

Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-November/006595.html

Name: Tools-nice.502
Ancestors: Tools-cmm.501

Directly ask ToolSet to browseClass: rather than self systemNavigation.
And implement proper specialization in Behavior.
This has two positive effects:
- If I ask (Object class browse) then it browses Object class, not Metaclass,
- If I ask (Trait someInstance browse), then it browses an instance of Trait, not Trait.
Answer the result of this send (a Browser), it can serve eventually.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-November/006596.html

Name: KernelTests-fbs.256
Ancestors: KernelTests-cmm.255

More #shouldnt:raise: Error removals. ClassBuilderTest's makeFooSubclassOf: methods now return a thing rather than setting an instvar, because really. It's just easier to read, and side effects where unnecessary are bad.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-November/006597.html

Name: CollectionsTests-fbs.208
Ancestors: CollectionsTests-fbs.207

"self shouldnt: [foo] raise: Error" -> "foo" because the original form does nothing but obscure real bugs. Use #shouldnt:raise: with a_subclass_ of Error.

Rename some tests where appropriate.

Use #assert:equals: rather than assert: foo = bar, to give better error messages.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-November/006598.html

Name: Tests-fbs.262
Ancestors: Tests-fbs.261

More #shouldnt:raise: Error removals.

A lot of the time one line says "shouldnt: [foo := bar baz] raise: Error" which makes as much sense as "foo := bar baz" only it's less readable.