[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-cmm.819.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 07:27:43 UTC 2013

On 7 November 2013 00:02, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Under what conditions would we have a MessageSend without arguments?
>
> MessageSend class>>#receiver:selector:.  Seaside does this with
> keyword messages to setup callbacks.  The arguments aren't known at
> the time the callback is set up.

I mis-spoke. I thought you meant the change to be "when arguments is
_uninitialised", but #receiver:selector: does do that.

Right. So you're actually saying that (MessageSend receiver: 1
selector: #abs) numArgs == 0 instead of the correct 1. I agree. Sorry
for the noise!

(Of course you could also ^ arguments size + 1...)

frank