[squeak-dev] re: A Bounty for CMake-ifying stack/Cog vm build process

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 20:45:26 UTC 2013

Well, I don't think Tim's point stands anyway.  It assumes a blank OS on
any machine can use configure and cmake, but not squeak.  Can windows
machines run configure and cmake out of the box?

Some sort of installation hurdle must be overcome, whether cygwin or
new-squeak-based-builder.

People who are building VM's are a much smaller, more-technically capable
group than those who need to deploy something (e.g., an application).  If
you design your deployment system for the former, it think it won't be
useful to the latter.