[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Monticello-cmm.575.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 16:33:04 UTC 2013

On 8 November 2013 15:25,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
> Chris Muller uploaded a new version of Monticello to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Monticello-cmm.575.mcz

> Name: Monticello-cmm.575
> Author: cmm
> Time: 3 October 2013, 9:42:40.555 pm
> UUID: daeb51c6-0b6f-41db-883d-e9764e61d8c5
> Ancestors: Monticello-cmm.573
>
> - Integrate Berts suggestions.  Refactored and renamed the API for the new history and origin browsing functions to avoid ambiguity with other MC domain elements.  Went from "version" nomenclature to "history".
> - Related to those functions, browsing a list of patch operations is now abstracted from browsing a Patch.  MCPatch is now a MCOperationsList and, likewise, a MCPatchBrowser inherits from a MCOperationsBrowser.
> - Added well-known repository accessors for #trunk and #packageCache, and #trunkUrlString avoids scattering the hard-coded url string literal in so many places.

I don't like this last item. MCHttpRepository has no business knowing
about any particular location, nor should we commit ourselves to any
particular repository implementation. For instance, it might make a
whole lot of sense to build a repository backed by Cassandra.

I'm not convinced that ReleaseBuilder isn't the right place for this
info. Or, to avoid the double negative, I think ReleaseBuilder is the
place that should know about the trunk URL, because ReleaseBuilder's
the class responsible for this kind of thing. One kind of release we
build is a release candidate, for instance.

frank