[squeak-dev] Byte 1981 online version

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Nov 21 00:53:39 UTC 2013

On 20-11-2013, at 4:06 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> I think I like the advertisements in this issue as much as anything. You
> have to love the guy with the cutting-edge portable (sic) Osborne computer,
> armed to the teeth with SUPERCALC(r) and WORDSTAR(r), and striding purposefully
> into the future alongside an ordinary business person type guy armed only
> with an old-fashioned leather briefcase.

Me too. I especially like the two adverts for memory cards - fabulous, huge, fast memory expansion! 64Kb! Only $995! Now the kids complain about being limited to a pathetic little 4Gb and how that makes machine X useless.

tim
Asking whether machines can think is like asking whether submarines can swim.