Trunk Dependency graphs (Was: Re: github et al (was [squeak-dev] The Trunk: Monticello-cmm.575.mcz))

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 21:13:27 UTC 2013

On 21 November 2013 20:21, H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Very informative, Tobias. Thank you!
>
> Would it be possible to have versions without 'Test' packages to more
> clearly see where the remaining problems are?

I've adjusted my dotfile maker to grey out the Test packages and
dependencies on these packages. Here's what it looks like:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hel290a12ajr4a/trunk-12983-deps.png (size
6.4MB)

I've noticed that the cycles tend to get pulled into the middle of the nest.

> --Hannes
>
> P.S. I wonder why 'Network' depends on 'Morphic'

SuperSwikiServer, PRServerDirectory and ServerDirectory use
AlignmentMorph, FileDirectoryWrapper, ProjectViewMorph, and so on.

> and why 'Compression'
> depends on 'Multilingual'....

GZipReadStream, ReadWriteStream, ZipArchiveMember use
MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream and TextConverter.

(I get these from Dependency Browser, off the Apps menu. It's a
marvellous tool!)

frank