[squeak-dev] The Trunk: MonticelloConfigurations-fbs.118.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 08:23:29 UTC 2013

On 21 Nov 2013, at 22:58, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> What's wrong with a dependency on System?

Because a dependency on system is a dependency on everything that system depends on... which is most of the image.

> Is your overall goal to completely remove System from the system?

Not really. I want to give it a serious hair trim and break it up into pieces that make sense. Right now it's a bucket of things, without a coherent story. When you reply to this saying "it's the smalltalk environment" my reply is "no, the image is". System is the God Class antipattern applied to packages.

frank