[squeak-dev] LRUCache to Balloon?

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 21:59:39 UTC 2013

No, I don't think it's that rubbish. The categories are primarily for
helping the user to classify/find things.
So that would mean that packages have to divorce from categories, like the
Pharo team did.
I don't know, maybe it is necessary for proper packaging, but it's far from
simple...

Maybe the kind of solution you are seeking is to split packages one level
further like Pharo did.
This way you can load only some kernel collections.