[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Collections-tpr.537.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Tue Oct 1 17:19:52 UTC 2013

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013, tim Rowledge wrote:

> On 01-10-2013, at 8:59 AM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:
>
>> Does this method belong to Collections? Shouldn't it be an extension method?
>
> How is it not simply a Character constants method? I don't see how it is any different to Character cr, or Character space etc.

The comment suggests that it's intended to be used by character scanners:
"use a newPage to split columns in character scanners".

Its users are in Graphics and MorphicExtras.

Why would any character need two Character constants method?

If it's just a Character constants method, then why not use #newPage
instead?

Levente