[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Collections-cmm.538.mcz

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 18:39:36 UTC 2013

In the context of Smalltalk-80, I can understand logging straight to
Transcript and using Transcript-specific functions (e.g., endEntry).
Today, I consider referencing Transcript directly to be bad-form,
simply because it tightly binds code to a particular UI.

I prefer to signal Notifications to let the what-is-logged remain
independent of the where-its-logged.

> always "Transcript" or "self". Replacing #endEntry with #flush won't hurt in
> most cases.

"Most" cases, or all?  I was intending to change all of MY sends of
endEntry to flush (if any), is there a caveat?