Code formatting patterns (was: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: Compiler-cmm.275.mcz)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Oct 4 16:31:29 UTC 2013

On 04-10-2013, at 9:23 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> That said, I could live with your version below, in particular if it was automatically produced. It just doesn't feel as nice as the hand-formatted one which even takes into account the semantics of keywords to find suitable breaks.

We need a pragma to describe how a method's name is formatted by automagic formatters.
copyTo: resultBuf from: start to: stop) from: buf startingAt: firstInBuf normalize: nFactor dcOffset: offset
<pragma format: (3 5 7)>
	self wibble: buf….

The pragma says keep the first 3 keyword fragments together, then the next 2 and then the last 2, all as advisory input

tim
Useful random insult:- Permanently out to lunch.