[squeak-dev] Re: Suspicious TextAnchor emphasizeScanner:

Bob Arning arning315 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 4 22:42:38 UTC 2013

Well, I was digging out of curiosity.

First, the method went missing entirely with a #removeSelector: in this
massive puppy:
"Change Set:        MCP-Complete
Date:            22 May 2003
Author:            Diego Gomez Deck, German Morales, Javier Musa, Jose
Laiolo, Andres Otaduy and Ned Konz

This is the first set of changes produced by MCP-Project.

To see details about the project and its future look at
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3005

This 'official' acceptance for our work gives us a stop-and-go
opportunity to define the next goals.

List of changes (probably incomplete):
[snipped many, but perhaps the next is the key:]
- remove 2 methods equivalent to the superclass one moves isMorphicModel
from Morph up to Object

So it was present in the 2001 form through sequeak 3.5, then missing
entirely from squeak 3.6 through 3.8. It then reappeared in the 2006
version in squeak 3.9, although by that time updates were often
appearing from moticello files simply referenced by url in the changeset
and thus opaque to my simple scanner.

Cheers,
Bob