[squeak-dev] CharacterScanner and the space stopCondition

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 18:57:30 UTC 2013

I have recently promoted a uniform handling of space in
DefaultStopConditions.
After thoughts, and after removing some cruft, I see a bit clearer: this is
a wrong decision.
Indeed, there is no special handling required in any CharacterScanner but
the CompositionScanner.
The consequence of adding this stopCondition is that we stop the inner scan
loop more often that required, at each word rather than at each line for
uniform text attributes.
This is bad for slow machine and goes against the goal of tim to have a
faster and cheaper scan loop.
So I will retract.