[squeak-dev] Re: Code formatting patterns

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Oct 8 22:05:51 UTC 2013

On 08-10-2013, at 2:53 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> XML is way too heavy-weight.  I want something that is easily manually edited.  But it's hardly scary, merely ludicrously verbose (and then there's the escape conventions; you thought !! was a pain, but &quot;no way&quot; :)

Surely that should be
&ampersand;quot&semicol;

oh, wait, that would be
&ampersand&semicol;quo…. no wait, stack overflow

I admit to having successfully ignored xml stuff, but is it plausible to use only a small part of the full monty? Does it *have* to be heavyweight, or could we write out source code in an xml correct manner that only uses the parts required, then only handle those parts as part of reading the source?

tim
Esc key to reboot Universe, or any other key to continue...