[squeak-dev] Re: Small text composition bench

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Oct 12 18:06:56 UTC 2013

On 12-10-2013, at 4:34 AM, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:

> On the Pi, it still makes sense to try and restore primitive 103 - for the simple case of StrikeFont and ByteString...

I agree - though we'd have to use a different primitive name so as not to clash with supporting older images on the plain interpreter.

I think I'd be inclined to add it to the bitbltplugin on the basis that it is a sibling to the primitiveDisplayString code. That might even make it sensible to go back to the Old Ways and have a boolean flag to the prim for display/no-display and call the blt directly.

tim
Fractured Idiom:- FELIX NAVIDAD - Our cat has a boat