[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sat Oct 12 23:55:11 UTC 2013

Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-October/006531.html

Name: Multilingual-nice.192
Ancestors: Multilingual-nice.191

Let StrikeFontSet shutDown itself rather than hijacking the StrikeFont shutDown. This removes a dependency.
Let StrikeFontSet printShortDescriptionOn: on his own, rather than having TextStyle asking isKindOf: StrikeFontSet?
Remove BitBltDisplayScanner method already found in superclass.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-October/006532.html

Name: Graphics-nice.269
Ancestors: Graphics-nice.268

StrikeFontSet shall shutDown itself if it has to be shutDown. This removes a dependency.
Let AbstractFont printShortDescriptionOn: and prevent TextStyle from asking isKindOf: StrikeFontSet? This removes another.
Let StrikeFont properly removeFromShutDownList: on unload (good luck if you really try it).
TODO: It should also addToShutDownList: self on class initialize, but I do not want to risk execution of this method

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-October/006533.html

Name: Graphics-nice.270
Ancestors: Graphics-nice.269

Fix abstract DisplayScanner factory again, it would not create a concrete CanvasCharacterScanner instance (I'm bad with this stuff).
Proper initialize for CanvasCharacterScanner

It is now possible to use paragraph2:bounds:color: in place of paragraph:bounds:color: without major failure (but embedded morphs are not yet displayed)