[squeak-dev] Squeak general hangout?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Oct 14 17:11:02 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-14, at 18:56, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> On 14-10-2013, at 6:17 AM, Bob Arning <arning315 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> If you want this to work, two thoughts:
>> - say when you will be there so folks have a target
>> - say how to get there - Google redesigns its offerings frequently and I'm not sure I know how to locate the hangout reliably
>
> Good points; though originally the idea was to have whoever was most-sunward start off and have a floating chat as the world turned.
>
> I will try to be 'there' by about 11am my time (Pacific) - 7pm london time, 4am Brisbane time (it's already *tomorow* in Brisbane. What wonders does their future have to tell us?) Suggested topics include
> text render/scanning changes
> code commenting
> why do lions?
>
> The calendar says the URL should be
>
> https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/calendar/dTdpNWgyZnJpdGNiYjIwNGFoNzY5N25rcThAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ.29arvovh0aj2jlkd8lqktpgtro

It is unlikely that anyone knows this URL associate with a private calendar. I don't think we ever used that.

We used to create a new event with public hangout for each time and invite everyone in the Squeak page's circles, plus whoever else might be interested, plus send a mail to various mailing lists. Without this explicit reminder people will just not remember ;)

- Bert -