[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-ul.528.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Oct 21 22:42:32 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 02:48:18PM -0700, Ian Piumarta wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> On Oct 21, 2013, at 05:38 , David T. Lewis wrote:
>
> > The SVN trunk/src is up to date as of today, although this is in the
> > new flat directory layout with internal and external plugins in the
> > same directory.
>
> I have been able (with surprisingly little ad hoc tweaking) to make your simpler organisation work with the current cmake build process and produce a working VM with all of the usual internal and external plugins.  (Like the French don't quite say: "The /unix/src is dead!  Long live the /src!" :-)

Excellent, this should simplify a number of things, including getting trunk
and oscog aligned with the directory structure that Eliot and Andreas came
up with for Cog. We should be able to get rid of some cruft in VMMaker as well.

> To eliminate the tweaking will need a couple of hours' work on the cmake scripts.  I'm about to be traveling for a week so that will not be immediate, but will be very soon.
>
> > So -- if the existing builds could be set to run under cron, then it
> > should be a small additional step to wire them into Jenkins to trigger
> > the builds and display the results.
>
> Let's try to make that happen.  I can attack the first part as soon I get back.

Thanks, looking forward to it!

Frank, I'll probably need some coaching on how to set up a remote build
executor on build.squeak.org a couple of weeks from now.

Dave