[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-cmm.602.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Thu Oct 24 16:57:33 UTC 2013

On Tue, 15 Oct 2013, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> Chris Muller uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-cmm.602.mcz

> Name: System-cmm.602
> Author: cmm
> Time: 15 October 2013, 1:45:33.881 pm
> UUID: 7a452144-3c88-4726-9692-a6afa93ef46e
> Ancestors: System-eem.601
>
> - Support Preferences class>>#readDocumentAtStartup: false, so that Squeak can accept arbitrary arguments without requiring the first one to be a document URL.
> - Convenience method for checking for any of the various headless VM  options.
> - API consistency for accessing command-line arguments.
> - Remove duplicate code (#extractParameters).  Bid to remove apparently-unused code.
> - RecentMessages simplifications, fixes and cleanups.

I get 13 errors, and 2 failures from RecentMessagesTest after these
changes. 10 of them are related to the fact, that #initialize doesn't
initialize all instance variables.
Some of the tests got broken earlier in System-cmm.600.

I think that the CI should send emails to this list (preferrably when a
test starts failing which wasn't failing before), because it seems like
nobody is running the tests in the image anymore, using the (weak)
excuse that the CI will do it anyway. But nobody checks the CI either.

Another option is to go back to our previous policy "run all the tests
before you commit". But it didn't work, and that's one of the reasons why
the CI was created.

Levente